By: Attorney Samuel J. Spurney © 2021
At SB Law, we represent closely held businesses ranging in size from small start-up entities to businesses with over 1,500 employees. Our clients are comprised of various industries including manufacturing, health care, hospitality, service, agriculture, utilities, and food products. Many of our clients are multi-generational, family owned enterprises, and are comprised of small to mid-sized businesses that are large enough to require advice on sophisticated legal issues, but are not yet ready or do not have sophisticated legal issues arise often enough to justify employing in-house attorneys.
In situations where hiring full-time in house counsel does not make sense for our clients, our clients have found success in retaining and partnering with our firm by having SB Law act as its “outside general counsel,” providing the same support as in-house legal staff.
To fill our role as outside general counsel, SB Law starts by acquiring a familiarity with the legal issues that each business faces, allowing us to anticipate the legal issues that may arise and to develop strategies for addressing and mitigating those risks. By acquiring knowledge and familiarity of each client’s business and the industries, SB Law tailors support to each client consistent with the each client’s needs and budget. At SB Law, our ultimate goal is to become a part of our clients’ trusted team of advisors.
Some examples of how SB Law assists our business clients on a daily basis include:
- Contract review and day-to-day business representation
- Preparation of business contract templates and assistance in establishing best practices relative to your business operations
- Agriculture/Farming Business Agreements
- Distribution Agreements
- Supply Agreements
- Service Agreements
- Employment and Consulting Agreements
- Terms & Conditions (including international)
- Independent Contractor Agreements
- Sales Representative Agreements
- Non-Compete Agreements
- Indemnity and Hold Harmless Agreements
- Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreements
- Business Purchase and Sale Transactions
- Assistance with Real Estate Purchases and Sales
By partnering with SB Law as part of SB Law’s Outside General Counsel Program, our clients have seen the following benefits:
- The potential for fixed monthly fees for ease of budgeting, and fixed hourly rates.
- Removal of communication barriers (i.e., communications will be enhanced between the parties as concern over getting charged for calls or general questions is eliminated).
- Maintaining a stable relationship with proven business-oriented legal counsel.
- Provide coordinated legal advice across various company departments and initiatives to better align overall company efforts and initiatives.
At SB Law, our experience, knowledge, and the ability to get things done promptly, and for reasonable fees, is what sets us apart from other law firms. We would be honored to represent you and your business.
Steimle Birschbach, LLC – Straight talk. Solid advice. That’s our way of doing business.
This post is provided for informational purposes only and by its very nature is general. This information is not intended as legal advice.